I love helping brides with custom wedding invitations! Let Versatile Designs help you get exactly what you want to compliment your style and stay within your budget.
Flexible hours can include evenings or weekends to accommodate busy brides like you! Call or text 320-815-7942 for an appointment.
How much do wedding invitations cost?
Tough question! Costs are determined by many factors including paper, ink color, number of enclosures, quantity and design. There is a wide range of all the aforementioned options and choices really depend on what you desire. The cost per can range from about $2.00 on up to over $5.00 per ensemble.
What should be included in my wedding invitations?
Your wedding ensemble should include the invitation to the wedding ceremony, reception details (on the invitation or on a separate enclosure), map & accommodations to help your out of town guests, and a reply card so you know how many guests to anticipate. For your envelopes, you should also consider having return address labels or a custom stamp to make addressing easier.
When should I mail wedding invitations?
Wedding invitations should be mailed 6-8 weeks before the event. If your wedding is in the summer months, you should try to get them out the full 8 weeks ahead of time so guests are informed and can get your event in their calendars. If you have sent out save-the-dates, you can get by closer to the 6 week mark.
What should I consider before making my own invitations?
You may not realize that professionally printed invitations do not cost much more than homemade ones.
Consider the DO-IT-YOURSELF Expenses:
• Ink cartridges and printer capable of quality printing
• Enough paper components that match
• Extra paper for mistakes and test sheets
• Envelopes (and printing)
• Cutting fees (for ease of assembly and to save time)
• Purchasing fonts and/or images you wish to use
• Printing return addresses on envelopes or buying labels
• Your time! You have enough to do for your big day!
• Correct wording on your invitations and enclosures
• Incorporating fonts and graphics and/or photographs
• Invitation/enclosure layout, including detailed map design
• Will the finished invitation set cost more in postage?
• Cutting paper incorrectly
• Supplier running out of your paper
• Papers won’t run through printers (too thick or thin)
• Ink cartridge runs out (inconsistent ink coverage)
• The ink smudges before it dries completely
• Invitations and enclosures do not fit in your envelopes